Hi SO Committers, PTL and community,

I think we have an opportunity to be an earlier adopter in the community. I'd
like to propose that we work on conforming our codebase to ONAP code standards:
https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Java+code+style

Generally this entails 4 spaces in place of tabs, 120 character line limit and
google style guidelines, which largely follow generally accepted Java Style.

Our codebase does not currently conform to these standards. Further some of the
style issues result in a very large amount of warnings in build logs (last time
I counted it was 10s of thousands), which increase build time and space used by
Jenkins/LF for each build.

We should also make sure we don't have extraneous spaces (gerrit highlights
those in red and having them in open source code is generally frowned upon by
any self-respecting open source engineer).

Does anyone have any problem with working to make the code conform to style
guidelines? Can we agree to -1 changes that do not conform until the submitter
conforms the patch to style guidelines?

As a corollary I'd suggest we enforce commit message guidelines as well:
https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Commit+Messages
Thanks,

Marcus Williams
IRC, Twitter, etc. @ mgkwill