Hi, Keong,

I added a link to a AAICustomQueries doc which describes custom queries:

https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/AAI+REST+API+Documentation+-+Beijing

I have some other documentation that, I'll let you know when it is imported.

Thanks,
jimmy

On 8/2/18, 9:56 PM, "Keong Lim" <keong....@huawei.com> wrote:

    Hi Jimmy and Harish,

    I am trying to find a complete and detailed documentation of the AAI query
API, preferably with examples of usage and responses. The dev teams are
struggling with writing queries for the new proposed schema elements.

    The simple forms shown in the generated HTML/YAML files have the "GET" URLs
with some specific named request parameters (e.g. GET
/some/thing?who=first&what=second) , but I think there are about 3 or 4 other
ways to query that are more sophisticated than this, especially for following
the graph relationships. I assume there is a way to pass in Gremlin query
strings, but what is the translation from URL-encoded query parameters to the
internal Gremlin query code?

    The two best snippets I can find appear to be in these "Consumed APIs"
pages:

    -
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__onap.readthedocs.io_en_latest_submodules_holmes_rule-2Dmanagement.git_docs_platform_consumedapis.html-3Fhighlight-3Dconsumed-2520apis&d=DwIFAg&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=Oej6QUk5p2KdqNEWySpOHA&m=L6x2JRY6ZE11OYBpyDT6e0aDwszxiOE-J5EiG9A7Egc&s=aeaplBRA4JV3-HrjFPskx9OjLxeESC47X7Vb6WPdhqg&e=
    -
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__onap.readthedocs.io_en_latest_submodules_vid.git_docs_consumedapis.html-3Fhighlight-3Dconsumed-2520apis&d=DwIFAg&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=Oej6QUk5p2KdqNEWySpOHA&m=L6x2JRY6ZE11OYBpyDT6e0aDwszxiOE-J5EiG9A7Egc&s=eTZYe3GR_B4mrI09t1cmws8C9K3hePlIlb3YX2qzF-E&e=

    The generated HTML/YAML files do not appear to include anything with a
/search URL or /query URL or the expected contents of the "format" query
parameter.

    Could you please point me to more comprehensive documentation of AAI
queries or another generated document (Swagger or otherwise)?

    Thanks,
    Keong

    Customer Experience and Platform Integration R&D Dept
    --
    Keong Lim, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd (keong....@huawei.com)
    Ground Floor, Suite 1, 5 Lakeside Drive, BURWOOD EAST VIC 3151 AUSTRALIA