From: onap-discuss@lists.onap.org [mailto:onap-discuss@lists.onap.org] On
Behalf Of vamshi
Sent: Monday, August 6, 2018 11:48 PM
To: onap-discuss@lists.onap.org
Subject: [onap-discuss] [VNFSDK] vnfsdk csar-validate - producing error

Dear All,

I followed below wiki link to configure and validate CSAR package of VNF
service-template.
https://onap.readthedocs.io/en/latest/submodules/vnfsdk/model.git/docs/files/pkgtool.html

I tried to create a CSAR package with sample csar (extracted from wiki, which I
tried uploading in VNF Reposity and it was validated and uploaded there)
service-template the below command. It was smooth. I could create csar package
and with vnfsdk csar-open I could extract as well.
vnfsdk csar-create resource-Vcpeinfra09-csar/Definitions/
resource-Vcpeinfra09-template.yml -d csar-package-test.csar

But the trouble is with csar-validate when I hit the below command to validate
the package. I'm running the tool in root user. The tools expecting the file to
be present in /tmp directory, but it was not present there. vnfsdk
csar-validate csar-package-test.csar

Validation issues:
  0: location: /tmp/tmphv3Smt/resource-Vcpeinfra09-template.yml
     ReaderNotFoundError: location:
/tmp/tmphv3Smt/resource-Vcpeinfra09-template.yml
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/vnfsdk", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('vnfsdk==1.1.0', 'console_scripts', 'vnfsdk')()
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vnfsdk_pkgtools/cli/__main__.py", line
120, in main
    args.func(args)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vnfsdk_pkgtools/cli/__main__.py", line
47, in csar_validate_func
    driver.validate(reader)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vnfsdk_pkgtools/validator/aria_validator.py",
 line 41, in validate
    raise RuntimeError('Validation failed')
RuntimeError: Validation failed

Can somebody suggest what was causing the trouble. Appreciate your help. Thank
for your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Vamshi Krishna | Tech Mahindra

Sharda Centre, Off Karve Road, Erandwane, Pune 411 004, INDIA
Mobile: +91 9848639561, ext : 3492
Email Id - vn00480...@techmahindra.com<mailto:vn00480...@techmahindra.com>

[cid:image001.jpg@01D25617.55BC0E30]<http://www.techmahindra.com/>

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary
and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may
review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally
http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.