I had the same problem and I have finally found the root cause.

in short, some configuration files are missing because something go wrong
during AAF initialization.
In my case, the failure is  caused by a "git clone" command  which failed
because a  corporate proxy  blocked the git request.

here are some details :
when AAF starts, the aaf-create-config job is executed which starts the
aaf-create-config pod which runs aaf-inject-config init container
In this container, the following commands are executed (cf.
https://git.onap.org/oom/tree/kubernetes/aaf/templates/job.yaml?h=beijing) :

 git clone -b 2.0.0-ONAP --single-branch http://gerrit.onap.org/r/aaf/authz.git
/tmp/gerrit

cp -rf /tmp/gerrit/auth/sample/public/* /public and /public is then mounted as
a persistent volume which is later used by other AAF pods such as aaf_cm.

When the initialization goes wrong, aaf_cm crashes because the file
/opt/app/osaaf/public/AAF_RootCA.cer  is missing (I don't know why, but in that
case a directory is created )
hope this helps

Mickael