Hello AAI Experts, Jimmy Forsyth, et al,

Need your help!

When working with Casablanca version of AAI with AAF installed, I am getting '
*Access Denied* ' all the time.
I am using the credentials defined here:
https://github.com/onap/oom/blob/master/kubernetes/robot/values.yaml#L91-L127,
so they should be inline with what's supported in Casablanca.

The difference in our version of ONAP is the following:

* We are not using ' *onap* ' as the namespace
* We are not using ' *302* ' as the nodePortPrefix
* We are not using ' */dockerdata-nfs* ' as the persistent mountPath.

Also, I have disabled aaf in aai charts, by putting "aafEnabled: false" and
changed the following in aai values.yaml --> global.
    aaf:
      serverIp: <My K8s IP>
      serverHostname: aaf-service.<specific namespace>
      serverPort: {my-nodeportPrefix}47

With the above change, all the AAI pods are running fine after we adjusted the
liveness and readiness timers for the AAI components.

Here is the request and response:
*Request with headers:*
GET /aai/v14/cloud-infrastructure/cloud-regions HTTP/1.1
Host: 10.195.177.106:30733
Accept: application/json
Authorization: Basic YWFpQGFhaS5vbmFwLm9yZzpkZW1vMTIzNDU2IQ==
cache-control: no-cache
Postman-Token: 993d9935-eeed-4dea-9349-ce2bc16c4787

*Response* :
{
    "timestamp": 1542420538281,
    "status": 403,
    "error": "Forbidden",
    "message": "Access Denied",
    "path": "/aai/v14/cloud-infrastructure/cloud-regions"
}

I did some initial investigation:

* After looking at AAI-Traversal logs at
/opt/app/aai-traversal/logs/rest/sane.log or metrics.log, I found the following
log printed again and again:

* " 02:03:43.701 [qtp959869407-48] INFO org.onap.aai.config.aaf.AafFilter -
User does not have permissions to run the query ".

* Not sure why AafFilter class is invoked even though aaf is disabled?

I drilled down further at the code and saw that AafFilter uses CadiFilter.
Looking at cadi.properties (@/opt/app/aai-traversal/resources), it refers
AAF_LOCATE_URL and AAF_NS but I don't see these variables present in the
container's environment.

Possible that I am going in an incorrect direction.
Do we need to change anything in the AAI charts/configs (other than what I
mentioned above), if we use a different namespace, nodePortPrefix or Persistent
mountPath? Any pointers would be helpful.

Thank you!

Regards,
Rahul