On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 4:09 PM Michael O'Brien <frank.obr...@amdocs.com>
wrote:

> Curtis,
>
>    Hello fellow onap deployment enthusiast.

Hi :)

>    Your question is very relevant for developer environments and limited
> memory VM’s like a dev kubernetes cluster running on a laptop.
>
>    I am trying to keep track of issues I also run into here.
>

> https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/ONAP+Development#ONAPDevelopment-DeveloperDeployment
>

>    Ideally – each onap pod in the values.yaml can be deployed
> independently – in general I have seen this – there are the odd non-atomic
> check between pods like sdc to dmaap for their hc.
>
>    In general for runtime at least you will see issues with dependent
> microservices – streaming logs from the filebeat sidecar will fail for
> example if log-logstash is not up – however 2/2 and 3/3 pods including a
> filebeat container are not blocked by runtime – and will start fine.
>
>     In your case the sdnc-0 filebeat is not working because the emptydir
> pv is likely not up yet between the 2 pods.
>
>    You can consult one possible hierarchy of deployment in the review
> https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/75422/
>

>    For your init failures like dmaap – I would expect they should not be
> blocked by no dmaap pods – but I usually run with at least the base pods
> aaf,dmaap and aai if I run any other pod like sdnc, appd, sdc, so etc…
>
>     Is there a reason you are not running with some minimal subset – in
> one of my development cases I run with just robot and aai or robot and
> log/pomba/dmaap – however I did not exercise all the functionality to
> verify this scenario was fully functional.

There's no specific reason, to be honest I'm just not sure what is a
reasonable subset. :) Mostly I am exploring how to deploy pieces of ONAP
using OOM instead of the entirety. sdnc seemed a good place to start, but
it was a rather arbitrary decision on my part.

Thanks very much for the above information! I may have a few questions
after I go through the what you have discussed, but this is extremely
helpful and exactly the kind of information I need. :)

Thanks,
Curtis

--
Blog: serverascode.com