From: onap-tsc-boun...@lists.onap.org [mailto:onap-tsc-boun...@lists.onap.org]
On Behalf Of li.z...@zte.com.cn
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2017 10:11 PM
To: AGGARWAL, MANISHA <amani...@att.com>; KLEIN, REUBEN <rk1...@att.com>;
BURNS, COLIN <coli...@amdocs.com>; l...@vmware.com; TIMONEY, DAN
<dt5...@att.com>; parviz.yeg...@huawei.com; dewa...@gigaspaces.com;
saw....@huawei.com; SMOKOWSKI, STEVEN <ss8...@att.com>;
denglin...@chinamobile.com; dsha...@interwise.com; eden.ro...@att.com;
zahi.kapel...@att.com; HEMLI, AMICHAI <ah0...@intl.att.com>; WEST, EARLE
<ew8...@att.com>
Cc: onap-tsc@lists.onap.org
Subject: [onap-tsc] Call for feedback about interaction with External Register
System

Hi There,

After discussion about the ESR in the subgroup in the F2F meeting in Beijin. We
got a consquence that ESR is necessary. But since we do not clear about the
business detail of other projects, such as VID/Multi-VIM/VF-C/SO/SDN-C etc. So
we may do not clear that which projects will interact with ESR or whether the
project has seed code of the function which ESR supplies. This is why I am
reaching out.

Here, I would like to emphasize about the scope of ESR again, and do some
clarification about some points.

  1.  ESR will supplies both portal and API to
manage(register/query/delete/update) the external system,  but will not deploy
the external system. (Here external system means that the systems already
exsist somewhere, but not included in ONAP, such as VIM/VNFM/EMS/vendor SDN
controller)
  2.  ESR will check whether the external systems are reachable, but will not
do the fault analysis.

For the project description and the scope of ESR, you may visit
https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=5734948<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__wiki.onap.org_pages_viewpage.action-3FpageId-3D5734948&d=DwMGaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=e3d1ehx3DI5AoMgDmi2Fzw&m=gvXZeOHCFFd2yu5oHWLlYHL773lfoQpu0MPrXr9CmAc&s=be337xMew-E381bDS4dpP6E3RHo-ltD1zMxkQ2xYKuk&e=>

The sequence diagram bellow shows what we think about the interaction between
ESR and other components in high level. But we still need to confirm it with
VID/A&AI/Multi-VIM/SO/VF-C/APP-C/SDN-C team in the detail business scenario.

[cid:image001.png@01D2E36B.CB0E17F0]

Here I listed a table about the ONAP project and its related external systems
(if I am wrong please correct me).

Project

Related external system

 Will interact with ESR(Yes/No)

VID

VIM/VNFM/EMS/SDNC

Yes

Multi-VIM

VIM

Yes

SDN-C

Vendor SDN controller

Yes

VF-C

VIM/VNFM/EMS/SDNC

Yes

SO

VIM/VNFM/EMS/SDNC

Yes

APP-C

EMS

Yes

Briefly, according to the comments about ESR in the F2F meeting in Beijin. I
need you guys give a feedback about whether your components will interact with
ESR about the external systems OR how the function of ESR is realized in your
component( if you do have the function of ESR).

Thanks a lot.

LiZi

李滋 lizi

IT开发工程师 IT Development Engineer
网管及服务开发二部/中心研究院/系统产品 Network Management & Service Development Dept. II/Central
R&D Institute/System Product

[cid:image002.gif@01D2E36B.CB0E17F0]

[cid:image003.gif@01D2E36B.CB0E17F0]
成都市高新区天府大道中段800号中兴通大厦
ZTE Corporation Building, No. 800 Middle Section Tianfu Avenue,
Chengdu, P..R.China, 610041
M: +86 15583405168
E: li.z...@zte.com.cn<mailto:li.z...@zte.com.cn>
www.zte.com.cn<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.zte.com.cn_&d=DwMGaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=e3d1ehx3DI5AoMgDmi2Fzw&m=gvXZeOHCFFd2yu5oHWLlYHL773lfoQpu0MPrXr9CmAc&s=rvpfeB1fqj4yzswyYXubix7GC0jRnwOeuXQbbtxrVmI&e=>