Some inputs -

We should categorize the technical success of the platform in tangible ways.
Some suggestions are provided below for further discussion.

We can perhaps institute a process of arriving at a Net Promoter Score (NPS)
for each of these aspects -

1. Operational Agility Metrics

The ability for the community to BUILD-TEST-DEPLOY the ONAP platform is a key
technical aspect. Hence, the automated CI/CD process would be a key measure of
technical success - as it will help in greater adoption and use of ONAP.

2. Extensibility Metrics (APIs).

The ONAP Platform will need to integrate with 3rd party systems - such as OSS,
BSS and Carrier-specific analytics platforms to realize advanced use cases.
This will require a rich set of APIs to be exposed from the ONAP Platform for
3rd party consumption.

Hence, how rich is our REST API set would determine how seamlessly ONAP
integrates in diverse carrier and vendor ecosystems. Each subsystem of ONAP
should have a documented API library for enabling these integrations, which can
be exposed via the API gateway design pattern.

3. Performance Metrics (Scaling)

The ONAP platform needs to scale massively - depending upon the scale of the
NFVI it is managing and the number of VIMs involved. We should discuss and
arrive at a set of scalability numbers for all the platform components - which
can give a clear message to the larger community that the platform is scalable
and "Carrier Grade".

4. ONAP Certifications and Inter-op Ecosystem

We must have an aggressive program with targets to "certify" vendor products
and "carrier networks" to be ONAP ready. This program can perhaps be run
quarter on quarter through the open labs project. Larger the "certified"
ecosystem of vendors and carriers - better the platform's technical success.

5. Quantitative Aspects

Based on the discussion below, I suggest the following quantitative measures
which can be visualized on the ONAP website -

a. Lines of code
b. Number of commits
c. Downloads (Binary Distribution of ONAP)
d. Checkouts (Source repo wise)
e. Community Comments (representing a vibrant community)
f.  Number nightly builds through the CD process (which would increase with
each day)
g. Others?

Regards

Aayush