Hi,

This is to follow up on the Action Item raised during
TSC<http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/onap-meeting/2017/onap-meeting.2017-12-07-13.48.html>
 meeting regarding questions brought up by Michael on tagging and branching.

Michael and I discussed and 2 things came up. Clarification were brought up.
Nothing to worry about. We can close this action item.
Below is the summary.

1)      Tagging: to provide a bit of context, OMM is testing every day its
latest build by taking into account all the latest Docker images available (not
the Docker images that were Release on Nov 16 but the Docker images on which
some teams are currently fixing defects for Amsterdam Maintenance release).
These Dockers images are not yet released for general consumption. Goal is to
automate as much as possible and detect as early as possible issue on Docker
Images. Question is how the define latest? In current Nexus3.org (nexus-staging
repo), every team is using a different name (snapshot-latest or latest or
1.2.0-snapshot-sgtagingyyyymmddtime,...). Decision: Michael to investigate with
his team if there is a consistent and reliable way to determine by scripting
what is latest. In case this is not possible by scripting, we will need to work
with project teams to come up with a naming convention.

2)      Branching: For some reasons, OOM has multiple branches that are not all
really necessary. Currently the team is disciplined and working on a branch
named release-1.1.0 instead of Amsterdam. We agree with Michael that the team
will continue working on release-1.1.0 and when we will release Amsterdam 1.0.1
on January 18, we will work with LF to remove unnecessary branches and rename
nicely release-1.1.0 to Amsterdam.

Also as we had some questions, just to re-iterate that the Jan 18 Amsterdam
Maintenance Release version will be 1.0.1. The scope is bugs fix only (High and
Highest priority). The community is using an independent versioning numbering
for its own components. This is also further explained in
wiki<https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Release+Versioning+Strategy#ReleaseVersioningStrategy-Example:1Major,1Serviceand1EnhancementReleases>.

Let me know if you have any questions, I will be glad to help.

Michael, keep me honest here. I have tried to summarize to key items of our
discussion.

Thanks,
Gildas

[HuaweiLogowithName]