Hello ONAP developers and TSC members:

I wanted to provide some clarity on the activities and timeframe we have to
gather during ONS.

The developer event during ONS week will be from 8:00am to 6:00pm on
Monday, March 26th, and 8:00am to 12:00 noon on Tuesday, March 27th.  From
requests we have received we had also been investigating the possibility to
extend the event into the proceeding Sunday, but we've determined that such
an extension is not going to be possible.  That said, we still have the
Monday/Tuesday time for formal presentations, as well as break out rooms
and a developer lounge for continued meetings, discussions, and hacking at
ONS during the rest of the week.

As we've mentioned before, we would like to take advantage of the fact that
the communities from the different projects will be in the same place at
the same time.  As such, we encourage you to propose sessions that can
further cross-collaboration among the LFN projects.  We also recognize that
there are plenty of project-specific topics that need to be discussed.
Please also propose those sessions for this event.

With the LFN formally announced today, we are working to get the LFN wiki
site up and running as quickly as possible.  One of the first uses for this
site will be the location for submitting your proposed talks and
presentations for the developer event at ONS.  We apologize that it is not
up quite yet but it will be up within the next 2 or 3 days.

Once the site is up, Ray Paik (cc-ed) will send out an email to all
communities on where to find it along with a call-for-presentations for you
to post your discussion and presentation topics.  Between February 9th and
February 15th, we will convene the TAC representatives from the LFN
projects to review the submissions and to form an outline/framework for the
developer event, giving time for cross-project discussions,
project-specific sessions, and a TAC meeting.  From there, we will work
with each project TSC to prioritize project-specific sessions during the
event.

I am looking forward to this first-of-its-kind event and the breadth and
depth of discussions we will have during this week.  Please be preparing
your topics over the coming days and submit them to the LFN wiki once it is
live.

Best regards,

Phil.
--
Phil Robb
VP Operations - Networking & Orchestration, The Linux Foundation