TSC Members:

The private responses I received to this announcement were swift and
dissatisfied. I needed to sleep on a reply.

I do 100% understand everyone’s anger and frustration, however I have not
simply disregarded input as some Community members have suggested. The
Community guidance of “anything with a *.onap.org address will work”, was
simply incorrect.

Given the level of concern the community has expressed over Instant Messaging,
the survey conducted on the topic was a bust.  Within 2 hours of sending the
WeChat announcement, more people had joined the WeChat lobby than participated
in the survey which had multiple reminders over numerous days.

The ask to the LF boils down to this: Give us a solution that works around my
company’s IT policy and also works in China.

"The Great Firewall" is the most significant geological feature of the internet
landscape with basically one way in and out. It is the constant in the above
equation.

The variables in the equation are the myriad of corporate IT policies and
company tool preferences the LF is being asked to work around.

Call to Action for TSC Members:

I have created a wiki page to gather input on which EXTERNAL Instant Messaging
solutions are permitted for use by your company’s IT policies, government
mandate or other physical, technical or philosophical limitation.

Permitted External Instant Messaging Platforms
<https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Permitted+External+Instant+Messaging+Platforms>

Anyone can view this page but only TSC Members have been granted write access.
The input period ends Monday, April 16, 06:00 Pacific Time.

Thank you for your participation and have a great weekend.

Best Regards,
-kenny

Kenny Paul, Technical Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
kp...@linuxfoundation.org, 510.766.5945
San Francisco Bay Area, Pacific Time Zone