now that we have some more maintainers in the mailint list, lets revisit
this topic.

What do you think about moving from nova-api into our own service?

On 04 Aug 2016 (11:35), Álvaro López García wrote:
> Dear ooiers,
> moving forward with ooi I think it is worth to stop using nova-api for
> running our interface, and create our own standalone binary and service
> (e.g. ooi-api or something like that).
> This way we would benefit from having our own configuration (i.e.
> nova.conf) and paste (i.e. api-paste.ini) files, remaining completely
> independent from the nova installation, so there would be no need to
> patch the installation whenever an update takes place. Moreover, this
> will ease the installation with devstack, thus we would be able to
> implement integration testing more easily with the OpenStack CI (and
> even run Rally jobs).
> If you agree we can start discussing all the different possibilities for
> implementing it.
> Cheers,

Álvaro López García                              al...@ifca.unican.es
Instituto de Física de Cantabria         http://alvarolopez.github.io
Ed. Juan Jordá, Campus UC                      tel: (+34) 942 200 969
Avda. de los Castros s/n                            skype: aloga.csic
39005 Santander (SPAIN)

Post to     : ooi@lists.launchpad.net