Eike,

Thanks for the updated information.  This is not the page that was confusing
me, the page with the "Contributing with Gerrit" link is the following:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Gerrit

I read and read and read and googled and finally I figured out the following
and I was wondering if this could not be added somewhere on the main oomph page
at  <https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.oomph/developer>
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.oomph/developer (since this all
happens in Eclipse might as well be specific to Eclipse and Egit):

Before you do the first local commit make sure you do the following:

1.      Make sure the email address you configure in
Preferences/Team/Git/Configuration under User Settings, Key user/email is the
same as the Preferred email address defined in gerrit at
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/settings/contact
2.      In the Git Staging view in the Commit Message section, Make sure you
click the “add Signed-off-by” icon highlighted in red

3.      Commit the changes locally

If you are using https then you need to do the following:

1.      In the GIT repository, define a new remote called review
2.      Configure the push URI to https://
<https://%3cgerrit-user...@git.eclipse.org/r/oomph/org.eclipse.oomph.git>
<gerrit-user>@git.eclipse.org/r/oomph/org.eclipse.oomph.git
3.      Add a remote branch of refs/for/master
4.      Click save

When it is time to push your changes to gerrit to initiate a code review

1.      Right mouse click the review remote push definition and select push
2.      When you see confirmation that the push was received successfully goto
Gerrit at
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/q/status%3Aopen+project%3Aoomph/org.eclipse.oomph
and you should see your code review in the list.
3.      <here I would add the steps on how the code review is done. I cannot
comment because no-one has done anything with the one I created yesterday>

That would save hours to anyone interested in contributing