From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamil...@acm.org]
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 15:38
To: 'ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Contributors versus Committers versus PMC members - AND USERS

I agree about both.

With regard to mailing lists, I am very fond of mailing lists that provide a
bottom notice that (1) instructs people in a near-trivial means to unsubscribe
and (2) provides a link to the public archive.  It removes a lot of mystery,
especially because I prune mail folders and often need to go back.

 - Dennis

PS: A bonus that I have not seen is a list server that also includes links to
the archives for each post included in a digest or in the bottom-notice of
individual list forwardings.