Am 01.07.2011 18:47, schrieb Herbert Duerr:
On 01.07.2011 13:42, Greg Stein wrote:
[...] Please look at
tools/dev/fetch-all-cws.sh. Each of these CWS repositories (on Mac OS)
are consuming 600 Mb *minimum*. I've fetched a dozen, and a couple are
over 2 Gb each, and another over 1 Gb. And this is with the clone/pull
technique.

Because of the disk space demands I think an approach with one
repository with one branch per CWS would be better for the initial
import. In hg there are more opportunities for this approach (using
NamedBranched, UnnamedBranches, MultipleHeads, LocalBranches or
Bookmarks) than I as git-fan would care to know. Please see the attached
file where I hacked together a script that imports the CWSs into one
repository with multiple bookmarks.

I don't have enough space on my laptop to do a complete trial run. I'm
hoping that somebody can figure out how to reduce the disk footprint,
or determine that we just have to suck it up. And it would be nice to
understand what that target size will be, for all 250 CWS
repositories.

As Michael mentioned it's much less than the 250, as only about 15
CWSses (see http://goo.gl/gczAH for details) are marked as fully tested
and but not-yet integrated.
 From these the ones targeted at the stabilization branch (calc67,
calc68, ooo34gsl01, ooo34gsl02, writerfilter10, native373, jl167) are
more important than the ones targeted for trunk (sb140, sb143, hsqldb19,
hr77, ause131, sd2gbuild).

There are a few more very good CWSses which were not yet officially
approved in the old OOo system. E.g. CWS aw080 Armin mentioned. If Armin
can confirm that this CWS is ready we should pull it in too.

Well, it will need some more work, but it is ready in the sense that it is on DEV300 m106 and that I am pushing to the old locations all the time. Main point is to get over to this dev line so that I can resync to the trunc here locally ASAP instead of continuing work with what will be an outdated rep soon.

2nd point is to get into the transition from the licenses ASAP, too. I can continue (and I do) to work on DEV300 codeline, but as soon as we have a running build here I opt for migrating.

Once we have a better picture of what is ready or not cws-list.txt needs
to be updated.

We have a script. It is time to make it work.

Please see the attached file. I'm afraid to check it in as the related
single-hg.sh is not yet updated accordingly and also because I'm more of
a HG victim than a HG power-user ;-)

Please note that you either have to use HG>=1.8 or enable its bookmark
extension before you run the attached script.

Best regards,
Herbert Duerr