On 04.07.2011 22:01, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
PS: I hadn't thought of the Java and .Net ways of disambiguating the
names of externally-bindable enties and the canonical structure of
class paths.  Do we have any concern for org.openoffice. ... .mumble
in that context?

the UNO API still uses the classic "com.sun.star." namespace for reasons of backward compatibility; changing that would break every extension and macro, and require a huge conflict-inducing change to the OOo code...

--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never
 stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people,