Spot on.

And the only way non ASF licenses software will get into the Apache subdirs
is
if we put it there in the first place.

A project makes a release and puts the files of that release into a specific
area of
svn. That then syncs up with our main dist area, mirrors then sync up from
there.

IOW, the pre-existing mirror system for OOo needs to continue and be
referred to
in documentation and 'older releases' page so that folks can get pre-asf
released
versions of OOo from there. Only new releases from now onwards developed
here
at ASF will be put into our release/dist areas.

HTH

Gav...