On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Shane wrote:
>
> "Note that the issue of monetary contributions and/or donations is a major
> one, especially since there are real policy differences between how
> OpenOffice.org used to work under Sun/Oracle and how the ASF does it's
> fundraising.  In particular, the ASF has a fundrais...@apache.org team and
> VP who work on fundraising for all projects; individual projects do not
> specifically solicit for funds (other than to link to the ASF Sponsorship
> page, etc.)."
>
> "I would urge the PPMC to start a separate thread dealing with the
> contributing.oo.o page, the relationship with SPI, and any other
> fundraising
> matters."
>
> "Get a description of any pre-existing ways that funds might have come into
> the project in the recent past, figure out a proposed plan for what the
> PPMC
> would like to do in the future, and then work with fundraising@ (a
> privately
> archived list) to move forward."
>
> As suggested I'm starting a new thread. As a start can anyone post here any
> ways that they know OOo generated funds and if possible the main contact
> details of those leading that project.
>
> Team OOo is the one I think most people are familiar with but what about
> any
> others?

Freies Office Deutschland e.V.
http://www.frodev.org/spenden
it's the former OpenOffice e.V. that collect money for LibreOffice and
OpenOffice.org.  Donations have to be marked for LibreOffice or OpenOfffice,
if not the donation can be used for both as far as i know.

http://es.openoffice.org/
The Spanish project collects also money on their own

Maybe other language projects collect also money, i don't know and can't
read the sides

Juergen