Looking a bit into Matthias' list, there's the saxon issue.

I looked for a replacement and it would look like the
Apache Xalan project could be an alternative:

   http://xalan.apache.org/

If, for some reason, we want to keep saxon, please note:

- In principle it would seem like it's required by doc
developers only, right? So in principle we shouldn't
require it unless we are regenerating the help files.
BTW, the DITA toolkit also uses saxon.

- The version we use is extremely outdated and without support
of any kind. I would recommend checking out the Homepage and
adopt either the last Saxon-B or, preferable, Saxon-HE.
Also the saxon patch in OO mentions a bug in ant that was
solved long ago.

regards,

Pedro.