From: Rob Weir [mailto:robw...@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2011 08:26
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Request dev help: Info for required crypto export declaration

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
> We're already behind the 8-ball on having not done this when it was expected.
>  I suggest that the established procedure be followed so that the ASF
> requirement is satisfied, the XML files are updated, etc.

It is not clear to me that ECCN 5D992 follows the same procedures as
5D002, at least from the EAR perspective.  Since I see no other Apache
software classified as 5D992, it is also not clear to me that the same
Apache procedures would apply.

The Apache notifications are based on the exemption in EAR 740.13(e).
But Mass Market software is covered by 740.13(d).  This does not have
the same reporting requirement as 740.13(e).  But it appears to have a
different requirement.  Still trying to figure that out.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=ba2d5996d28cc22033ea2bfb857555cc&rgn=div5&view=text&node=15:2.1.3.4.25&idno=15#15:2.1.3.4.25.0.1.13

> Then we can worry about whether there needs to be some expansion of scope or
> other adjustment.

I'd rather not file false information with the government.  Of course,
you are welcome to do so, if you think the need is urgent.

-Rob