On 9/4/2011 07:56, Joost Andrae wrote:
Hi TJ,

I'm not sure if the backend infrastructure of the crash reporter can be
hosted outside a trusted network and it's fairly complex as it contains
debugging systems for all platforms available, as well as a big database
which is tied to the Hamburg build infrastructure and it stores
terabytes of debug information of mostly all builds done in Hamburg. The
backend logic afaik is not opensourced. If there is a deep interest into
this then someone at Apache needs to negotiate this with people involved.

Most information about the communication (XML file format and Soap
communication) from OOo to the backend can be read here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/CrashReporting

By a remarkable coincidence, I just added a line to the Site-QA plan[1]
about the crash-reporting facility. If you want to jump right in, you
could add some useful details there, about where the receiving facility
is hosted, and who controls it. We (AOOo) have to plan on re-hosting it.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Site-QA-Plan

Kind regards, Joost

Thank you very much for the info: it's exactly what somebody is going to need to know. I have quoted it on the wiki, so it doesn't get lost. Not being a developer here (ASF or OOo), I'm just trying to make sure that stuff doesn't fall through the cracks.
--
/tj/

I'm a bit out of date as a developer; what assembly language is all this stuff in? I know a lot of them: RCA 501, 301; IBM 7090, 1401, 360; CDC 6000; even 8080 and 6502. Those desktop dinky-toys are cute, but they'll never amount to anything. ;-)