--- On Mon, 9/5/11, Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have established that relicensing the existing OOo user
> guides (which are licensed CC-BY) to the Apache license
> is not practical.
> Does this mean, as Rob has suggested, that these guides
> *cannot* be part of the "official" documentation for AOOo
> or only *should not* be part of that doco?

Please excuse my ignorance ...

If I understand well:

Despite owning the domain and the servers, the official
documentation is not owned by Sun/Oracle (otherwise it
could be relicensed).

The problem has some similarities with situation in the
forums. It's a transition process.. we have to live with
the ASF rules but there is a status quo that is doing
fine and we don't want to disrupt them.

I would think for now we can keep them running
in the Wikimedia VM that was made for that but we
will have to make some transition plan: contact the
authors that can be contacted (no spiritism, please ;) ),
and transfer the documentation that is "copyright clean"
to the confluence wiki.

cheers,

Pedro.