On Sep 7, 2011, at 6:18 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Prior to this post this person was using o...@athena.apache.org
>>
>> How are either of these real or valid? Is this post coming from the test
>> forum?
>>
>> Shouldn't a moderator turn this subscription off? (or not allow it in?)
>>

> I'm a list moderator.  What's the argument for unsubscribing the user?
> Is it causing technical problems?  Is the user being disruptive?
>
> I'd recommend handling this via respectful discussion with the user on
> the list, expressing your concerns.  I don't see anything here that
> demands urgent and drastic action.  The user has made good
> contributions to discussions on several threads.

The issue is that he is apparently sending email from a bogus email address
using one or more apache.org MX servers.

Perhaps the change between athena and nike is a clue and the address domain is
being taken from the MX server name?

The individual is using webmail @free.fr - maybe it's a bug with the smtp for
the webmail of a big French ISP? (Coincidently, both Eric and Hagar use the
same ISP -just broadband or adsl without this same issue.)

Certainly it might help to reach out to this particular anonymous person, but
let's not turn this into a GMANE discussion.

Regards,
Dave