--- On Wed, 9/7/11, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
..

> I also have not kept up with the discussion but reading
> Terry's comments there seem to be a very huge task to
> migrate out of Mediawiki. However then I see that "due
> to lack of Mediawiki support - we are moving to
> Confluence".
> Isnt this exactly what Terry describe why would this be
> difficult to do?
> I also don't see any support for confluence products to
> match what mediawiki had. At least any solutions to
> keep the functionality for their content.
>
> Can you please explain how will you migrate addressing
> Terry's issues on migration?

Please hold your horses. Terry is not here, he is in his
way to Greece, and we are just exploring the few options
that are left.

Conversion from MW to confluence may be painful for
us but hopefully would be much easier for infra@.
(they haven't said anything about it yet but I am
pretty sure exploring this will take time).

Updating MW (which must be done for many good reasons,
including security) would seem more logical but still
has pain for both us and infra@.

Pedro.