Proposal: That The Apache OpenOffice.org Podling recommends to Apache
Branding to provide permission to use the OpenOffice.org trademark and logo
for certificates, handbook and training materials for a system of
internationally recognised end-user skills certification accredited by the
UK national qualifications regulators (Ofqual)
<http://www.ofqual.gov.uk>and referenced to the European
Qualifications
Framework<http://ec.europa.eu/education/lifelong-learning-policy/doc44_en.htm>.
We previously received authority to do this from Oracle but we would like
this to be re-affirmed here. We also propose to use LibreOffice branding
where relevant in similar contexts so that if end-users want certificates
that refer to specific products in the code base family they can. We see
this as a possible area where AOO and LibO can be brought together without
any conflicts and collective projection of branding will be good for both.
We don't expect to have any exclusive use in this field or claim any
particular endorsements from ASF or TDF as we have "quality assurance
credibility" through the UK national regulatory system and endorsement by
e-skills, the Sector Skills Council for Business and IT and the Open Source
Consortium of companies as well as authority to use the logo of the EU
Lifelong Learning Programme.

Some links to give an idea of typical use of Logos/trademarks are:

http://www.theingots.org/community/OOocert

This certificate recognises Word Processing skills at EQF Level 2. The OOo
logo means that is was achieved in the context of OOo. If the certificate
was achieved in the context of LibO the LibreOffice logo would replace the
OOo logo.

There is a link to the draft assessors manual below the scanned certificate
image linked above.

For the home page of the INGOT community site

https://theingots.org/community/

OOo link lower left is so that those coming to the web site can access
supporting resources - currently this is under construction. We hope to
considerably strengthen this through EU grant application funding in
partnership with community members. We need to think about how to
incorporate LibO here perhaps with both logos on the button.

We welcome any suggestions for improvements.

Thanks.
--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940