--- On Sat, 9/24/11, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> HunSpell code is tri-licensed under GPL/LGPL/MPL.

That particular licensing scheme is rather weird: LGPL
implies that it can become GPL so you could just say
dual licensed LGPL/MPL, and then, once you make something
pluggable, the GPL basically becomes unenforceable but
let's not get into that right now ;).

> If I understand corectly, Apache considers MPL 1.1 to be
> "weak copyleft" and we have some limited ways (as a
> binary of using it in our releases.

Yes we can. I am not sure what a company would think about
it though: some lawyers are more strict than others. What
does IBM use in Lotus Symphony?

> Individual dictionaries, however, can have their own
> license as you know.  So there may be some that we cannot
> include in the release, but we can still point the user to.

It looks like we might have a bunch of them that we can
relicense to AL2. We will have to wait for the SGA to know
for sure but if it does happen, it is a nice treasure that
we should take advantage of.

Pedro.