Hi, Malte,

On 10/10/2011 12:33, Malte Timmermann wrote:
What's this thread about - "OOo/AOOo/TDF private security lists war
reloaded"? ;)

To sum up:

- Apache mentors/PPMCs made clear that only AOOo committers can be on
the AOOo Security list (ooo-secur...@incubator.apache.org).
Regardless of whether or not this rule makes sense in this special case
(AOOo = base for many OOo products), we have to adhere for that rule now.

- As a result, TDF decided to have the same rule for their security list
(tdf-secur...@lists.documentfoundation.org), and silently kicked me from
that list (which of course is their right to do, but some notice would
have been nice)

- Which leaves us with 1 common list where we don't have such
restrictive rules, and can continue with our cooperation: The
old/original OOo security list securityt...@openoffice.org.

Some people stated that the fate of old OOo lists is unknown - agreed.
But as long as they last, it's the best option to continue using that
security list. Members from all interested/helping parties are already
on that list (well, some RedOffice security guy should join), and the
list name is well known to security researchers and OOo users.

Malte.

Assuming that you are the "mt" listed as an administrator on the OO.o security project, that should make you an owner of the securityteam ML. I suggest that you provide subscriptions there for Dennis and Wolf (Rob already being subscribed).

I thought I might have to volunteer to take over that ML, as I have for a couple of the moribund @documentation lists. I still will, if anyone thinks it necessary.

/tj/
TJFrazier on OO.o
Owner/moderator, dev@doc