Hi Simon;

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Ethos is
something that goes well beyond a license, and once you
read the iCLA its not an imposible thing to ask ( you
signed it), and its surely not what SUN had in place.

That said, and its something I have argued about
publicly with Rob, while the iCLA is a requisite to
become a committer, it is not a requisite to contribute.

Furthermore, once we start doing releases (and trust me,
we will get there) they are likely to start including AL2
code anyways.

Am I naive? Yes. I was never part of the previous OOo
community led by SUN so perhaps not having that trauma
helps me see things a lot simpler than they are.

There is an evident lack of confidence in us over there
and as I said before, in private, we cant start activities
like a shared security list if there is no confidence first.

I stand to the principle that we are neutral, and that
every vendor or community member is free to join or leave
whenever they want

Pedro.