Am 27.10.2011 20:28, schrieb Pedro Giffuni:

> --- On Thu, 10/27/11, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>

>> > In any case, yes.. I think this is the way to go. I am
>> > just hoping there will be a way to opt out those
>> > components in favor of the system libraries when those
>> > available.
>>
>> me too but we should move forward and we can change it at
>> any time when we have a better solution.
>>

> I am OK with that, but let me attempt to dump what I think:
>
> 1) you are not bringing in *anything* copyleft, that directory
> will only be for the non-restrictive stuff that we need: ICU,
> Boost, etc.

That should be doable. OTOH I'm wondering whether we should keep the
copyleft tarballs at Apache Extras - it would allow to still build with
them (something that can be done outside the ASF infrastructure and is
still appreciated (if I understood correctly).

> 3) We should probably move some of the stuff in soltools
> there too (mkdepend).

That's something for later, ATM we should move the ext_src stuff into a
secure place.

If nobody else wants to do it, I can invest some time into that, but it
might take some days.

It seems that the consensus is that we check in the binary tarballs into
trunk/ext_sources?!

Regards,
Mathias