Hi,

On 9 November 2011 18:06, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Nov 9, 2011, at 2:19 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> As many of you may know, per Dave's announcement about a week or so ago, we
>> have a staging site of *MOST* (we're still finding areas that need to be
>> "re-pulled" for one reason or another), of the (old) current OO.o site at:
>>
>> http://ooo-site.apache.org
>>
>> Right now, I have a question about the existing "pl" (Polish) site at
>>
>> http://pl.openoffice.org/
>>
>> Does anyone on this list know anything about the history of the Polish site
>> -- why this group decided to basically make a duplicate of the
>> OpenOffice.org site but translated? None of the other N-L sites have gone
>> to this length so I'm just curious about it.

Yes, I know much about it. Its history is complicated and its
communities even more so. But its current lead (of PL group working on
OOo, if not entirely only on OOo itself) has simplified things.

> Is it bigger than the German site?

No.

>> Also, at this point in our migration plans, do we have anyone here who is
>> willing to continue to maintain the "pl" site as it stands?

I can ask the former lead; cc'd here. He is Marcin Milkowski.

> I think we want to check it in, but then we may want to then remove most of
> each N-L site (they will be in SVN!)

Yes. As the (former/current) lead of the N-L category, which I
founded, I can surely help here in communicating to the interested
leads the updates and plans.

>> Also note, this site has not yet been ported over to the staging site.

Noted.

Do we have a schedule (that I've surely missed) of migrations/port?

>> And finally, I am having a few problems getting my recent changes to the
>> N-L page to actually "publish" so no fun link from the staging home page
>> yet.
>> <http://ooo-site.apache.org/>

I see. Sigh; sounds so much like old times.

> I published these just now.
>
> Warning - using the webgui the first time on ooo-site it is suggested that
> you brew a cup of coffee and come back in 10 minutes.
>
> I've discussed the foo.openoffice.org/bar to www.openoffice.org/foo/bar
> permanent redirect for the ooo-site Virtual Host and openoffice.org DNS  with
> Joe today - we should specify a full list of the subdomains that will fit
> this pattern and add it to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3933

Please.

> When the time comes to go live Infra will handle the rest of the detail.

Okay, let's keep us all informed…..

> Regards,
> Dave

Cheers,
Louis <-former this, that, and the other thing. Now, just former
(un)king of the zombies? ;-)