The Italian OpenOffice.org community relies on mailing lists (some with several hundreds subscribers) for user support, discussions and project coordination. While these are a legacy asset, I see it necessary that Apache OpenOffice provides a replacement for these lists as part of the infrastructure migration. Depending on the situation on Oracle servers, we might start using the new lists gradually or immediately.

For the time being, we would map the existing (12) Italian lists to
- A support list, named ooo-users-it at incubator.apache.org
- A project list, named ooo-project-it at incubator.apache.org

We will revise the list names when the project graduates; for the time being, I propose to use the "ooo" prefix for continuity and consistency with the existing lists, and to use "ooo-project-it" instead of "ooo-general-it" since it is much easier to understand for us.

The three moderators of the Italian OpenOffice.org lists are available to continue their tasks in the new infrastructure:
- Davide Dozza
- Andrea Pescetti
- Paolo Pozzan

If there are no objections to the above proposal within 72 hours, I will invoke Lazy Consensus and will create a JIRA issue.

Regards,
  Andrea.