On 13/12/2011 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
Am 12/13/2011 06:12 PM, schrieb Gianluca Turconi:
I can only say that a colored icon set for OO is the second
most wanted feature in the usenet Italian community. ...
So, you think that a big hint like "3.4 will be with the old b/w icons
but we will do everything to give you back the long-wished colored icons
with the next but one release [3.5 or 4.0]" is not good enough and the
people cannot wait for the next but one release?

Gianluca is right. For some reason the blue icons were perceived by some (who were possibly right!) as a sign of Oracle's stubbornness in dictating the direction of OpenOffice.org; going back to the colored icons would be, to them, a sign that Apache OpenOffice cares about complaints from the community (and probably the others would see it as a usability improvement anyway).

And, considering the flamewars we have seen on the issue on other lists, being able to restore the colored icons back without too much discussion or formality would be an even better sign.

P.S. to whom is interested, the most wanted future by the usenet
Italian community (IMO) is font inclusion in OO Writer documents...
Do you really mean ODF file or maybe PDF files?

It's ODF. But I've seen too many messages about this over the years too...

Regards,
  Andrea.