Hi Oliver, Jürgen,

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:39:04PM +0100, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
Hi,

FYI, I have started the builds for revision 1229435.

Best regards, Oliver.

Hi,

I am planning to create new developer snapshots from the today's revision.

Ariel is already using his space on people.apache.org to provide such developer
snapshots. I would like to do the same in order to share the effort on such a
'service'.

I am able to create builds under Ubuntu 11.10, 32bit (running in a VirtualBox)
and Windows 7.

@Ariel: May be you can share your 'website' sources/structure. I would use it it
for my people.apache.org 'website'

Any comments/objections/improvements?

Best regards, Oliver.

I've uploaded new builds based on rev. 1229372

http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/changelog-1226179-1229372.html

Until all build boots are set up and building weekly Developer
Snapshots, may be we can split the task so that each one builds on a target
platform, in a way that it will be easier for all us (== no need to
build on a virtual machine).

I can build Linux 32 and 64 bits on a 6 core PC, rather fast, but WinXP
builds are built on a virtual machine, so I will take Linux builds.
Oliver can build on his Windows 7 PC, and Jürgen on his Mac.

sounds good, I will built Mac

We should agree what to build:

* full install sets for langauges ...
* language packs for languages ...
* SDK
* URE?

I would suggest that we build an English version + language packs and a multilingual version with all languages where we build language packs.
And of course the SDK. The URE can we drop from my point of view.

For now i would suggest the folowing languages "en-US de es it fr ja zh-CN"

Juergen

We should also agree when the build is done, so that we all build the
same revision.

Packages can be uploaded to each http://people.apache.org/~user
directory, and the index page
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/index.html can be moved to