On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:17:45 +0100
"Hans Zybura" <hzyb...@zybura.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately I can't provide any help on an OO-DEV level, I'm
> only doing some extension development using OO-Basic.
>
>  But I can confirm that the problem still exists. The installer
> I used was
> http://people.apache.org/~orw/DevSnapshots-Rev.1293550/win32/OOo-Dev_OOO340m
> 1_Win_x86_install_en-US_de_fr_it_es_ja_pt-BR_zh-CN_nl.exe
>
> on an isolated (no direct network access) clean WinXP SP3
> virtual machine. I received the same error message during
> installation and the installer rolled it back, then.
>
> I can clone clean VM's of different windows versions easily and
> do some general testing, though.

I uninstalled an earlier build of AOO (build 9583) from Win XP
(SP2), deleted the User profile, reboted, then installed the
version linked above.  The install went OK and all the
applications opened correctly, with the exception of Writer,
which opened but displayed a blank menu with no menu entries and
three dropdown arrow boxes for expanding toolbars.  These permit
access to the Customise menu options, but there are no predefined
menus or toolbars offered.  I deleted the User profile (again!)
and rebooted, but there was no change to the Writer menu and
toolbars - still missing.

It is possible to construct a new toolbar and new menu using the
options on the Customise menu dropdown, and such toolbar and menu
is persistent when AOO is closed and reopened.

I have tried reducing screen resolution from 1600x1200 to
1024x768; no effect.  The machine this is on is not in use for
editing or other AOO functions, so I have no objection to
trying any fixes or diagnostics.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>