On 2012-03-14 2:54 AM  Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
On 3/14/12 12:48 AM, Larry Gusaas wrote:
I thought the discussion several months ago decided on Apache OpenOffice
for both the project and application. If that is correct, when are you
going to change the name of the application?

The full change of the name of the installation directory or application name is planned for future release because it requires more careful work to not break something.

Thank you for the answer and clarifying the issue. Not breaking anything is
good.

Both names are correct and I see no problem here for now. We decided to change some visible places (intro image, about box, some others) to reflect the new home and the slightly adapted name. And we also agreed to talk officially about Apache OpenOffice from now on. But as we have discussed it in detail, many users talk about OpenOffice only so it doesn't matter yet. If you have a problem with this approach you should start a new thread explaining it in detail that we can understand it.

I have no problem with that approach, now that it has been explained. I had missed any discussion about the delay in changing the application name.

Thanks,
Larry

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." -
Edgard Varese