I just wonder if all OpenOffice users are not Englishmen ... how this is
handled?
Regards
Risto

Rob Weir [robw...@apache.org] kirjoitti:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Since we can't control existing distributions:
>
> To dos would be.
>
> (1) Create a page that explains things either in the podling site, either
wiki, or ooo-site.

I wonder whether this page would be appropriate:

http://www.openoffice.org/download/contribute.html

That is the one that we currently point users to as they download OOo
3.3.  It seems to cover all the bases,  getting help, mailing lists,
etc.  It even might direct some dimes to the treasury.

Maybe just change the header to "Thanks for downloading OpenOffic.org
" ??   That would then cover both bases.

> (2) Redirect all registration[0-9].services.openoffice.org requests to that
page. This would be a JIRA ticket for INFRA after doing (1)

> Volunteers?

If there are no objections I'll do the above.

https://registration2.services.openoffice.org/RegistrationWeb/register/urn:st:e7251802-3c52-4e08-a74f-a22eca7458ff?product=OpenOffice.org&locale=en&cid=926117
because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address.
This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be
caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.Here are some
suggestions:Reload this webpage later.Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network
devices you may be using.Check your DNS settings. Contact your network administrator if you're not sure what this
means.Try disabling network prediction by following these steps: Go to the wrench menu>  Preferences>  Under the
Hood and deselect "Predict network actions to improve page load performance." If this does not resolve the
issue, we recommend selecting this option again for improved performance.Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in
your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list
of permitted programs and adding it again.If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network
administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust
your proxy settings: Go to Applications>  System Preferences>  Network>  Advanced>  Proxies and deselect
any proxies that have been selected.Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS
address.Please let me know where I can go to register my product.Thanks,Tobias