Am 03/21/2012 12:08 AM, schrieb Peter Pöml:

Am 20.03.2012 um 23:05 schrieb Marcus (OOo):

Am 03/20/2012 10:09 PM, schrieb Peter Pöml:
Am 19.03.2012 um 18:30 schrieb Rob Weir:
Hi Peter,

Do you have access to any historical download stats for
OpenOffice.org?   It would be great if we could find out the peak
download rate for when OpenOffice.org 3.3 first released. Is that kind
of data available?  This would help greatly for AOO 3.4 release
capacity planning.

Thanks,

I didn't check specifically for 3.3 now, but the OOo releases usually peaked at
30 downloads per second.

That would be 2,592,000 per day which is a big difference to 300,000.

Which timeframe have you looked at? Have you counted every release and file?

Oops, you are right. That was from memory, and with that number I meant
requests per second on the download server. (Many downloads involve more than
one request due to the size o f the files.) We intentionally count actual
downloads, by pruning the stats for such requests. The actual downloads around
the release of 3.3 (26th of January 2011) were:

  2011-01-20 | 274474
  2011-01-21 | 246778
  2011-01-22 | 227105
  2011-01-23 | 255429
  2011-01-24 | 284173
  2011-01-25 | 288854
  2011-01-26 | 298913
  2011-01-27 | 308698
  2011-01-28 | 272082
  2011-01-29 | 232045
  2011-01-30 | 256343
  2011-01-31 | 293944
  2011-02-01 | 253093
  2011-02-02 | 290810
  2011-02-03 | 268075
  2011-02-04 | 246628
  2011-02-05 | 228094
  2011-02-06 | 253427
  2011-02-07 | 294311
  2011-02-08 | 282960
  2011-02-09 | 296006
  2011-02-10 | 287030

You see, load on the download server are always the same, with only a tiny peak
being noticeable.

OK, great. Summarizing I think we have our number for the download peak: ~300,000 per day.

Marcus