On 3/22/2012 16:28, Rob Weir wrote:
On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Juergen Schmidt
<jogischm...@googlemail.com>  wrote:
On Thursday, 22. March 2012 at 15:19, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
Hi,

On 22.03.2012 13:51, Herbert Duerr wrote:
Please note that the install sets that fall out of a build have been renamed
from OOo* to Apache_OpenOffice_incubating* so that e.g.
OOo_3.4.0_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg
now has the file name
Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg

I would prefer a shorter AOO_incubating_3.4.0_...
I used for example a scheme like aoo-3.4-incubating-src... for our source
release. Similar to for example the odftoolkit (incubating) project.
Why expanding OOo to Apache_OpenOffice_? Ok it seems we have to include
"incubating" but that's it.

It looks like the recommendation is to use the full product name, but
the "Apache" part is optional for podlings.

So "openoffice-3.4.0-incubating" would be one possible root.

See:   http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#naming

Has anybody checked to see if we'll run into that idiotic 72-character limitation on path names?

/tj/

Just my 2 cents

Juergen

and another heads up ;-)

The next developer snapshots, proposed by Jürgen, will _not_ contain this
change.

Best regards, Oliver.