On Mon, 2012-04-02 at 23:57 +0400, Ochirov Nikolay wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to enable logging in AOO3.4. The site has only this article
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Category:Logging, but from it
>  i don't understand anything. Is there any configuration file for the
> logging system, or need to insert some code into the source?  What do
> i do?
> Hope for your help!

Hi Ochirov,

Well, there is no GUI for the particular settings - all of the
functionality is delivered in the application code, so all you need do
is run a script to active/deactivate/configure the logging mechanism.

The page you reference, and one of the links on it, give you example
scripts for at least Basic and there might be JS also, but not sure if
that ever made it to the wiki.

I have to admit that I've not tried the JDBC logging with the 3.4 code,
used to make use of the feature quite a bit however.

First - if you are unfamiliar with how to use the example Basic script
from the page, I would recommend that you look over the Basic Users
Guide - you will find it at:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/BASIC_Guide

Then I think it's a good reminder to give that functionality a test -
though the QA folks are likely doing so with the automated tests already
(though again I'm not sure on that)..

Anyway - If you need more help with this, let me know and I'll try to do
so..also, I'll put it to the test this afternoon, and post back how that
went..

BTW - what type of database will you be connecting to (mySQL, Embedded
ODB, etc) ?

//drew