On Mon, 2012-04-23 at 21:46 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:44 PM, drew jensen <drewjensen.in...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The documentation page on the main site contains a set of CSE boxes.
> >

> I assume you are talking about this page:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/
>
> > The actual Google CSE's behind those, such as:
> > http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=008361175193398611882:u9pfxpvxmte
> >
> > Who has the ability to update these?
> >

> Whoever created them.  But I have no idea who that was.
>
> Recreating these would not be too hard.  Let me know if you want me to
> do that.
>
> One advantage of doing this is that we also secure the search data.
> As it is now, the data on what searches are being made is being made
> available to whoever set up the CSE's originally.  This is probably
> not a big risk, but it is messy with respect to our privacy policy.
> It is better if this is all under PPMC control.

As I thought about it, I wouldn't at all be surprised is it was Frank
Peters that set them up. He was the Sun documentation lead.

Yes, they need to be available to someone still active, right now they
all need some changes as I'm am positive they are missing items - lots
of stuff has moved, yes.

Easiest way now I suppose - if you want to create six cse entries,
four on the page you reference above, one at
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation
and the one for use on the user.services landing page,  I don't mind
setting them up (moving all the settings from the one). In the cse admin
panel add edit rights for my email address.

It makes sense to use the same gmail account for the CSEs as the GAs and
tie everything together in the stats IMO.

I'll update the website and wiki pages after they are in place - and we
can talk about the documentation page also - later - as it looks as if
could use other updates also.

Sound good?

Thanks

//drew