2012/5/3 drew <d...@baseanswers.com>:
> On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 22:29 +0200, RGB ES wrote:

>> > If I recall correctly, in different periods it was used for a user survey
>> > (and this would be a meaningful suggestion for the future maybe), for
>> > registering accounts at Sun and for registering accounts at Oracle.
>> >
>> > You can get an idea of the survey at
>> > http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance:Phase_1:OOoUser_Survey
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >  Andrea.
>>
>> It was also used to register the user "with him/herself": The
>> registration process helped the user to fill the fields under Tools →
>> Options → OpenOffice.org → User data. Now, for most new users that
>> info will remain empty. While not a problem by itself, this means for
>> example that documents will always open on the first page and not on
>> the last edited point, because the user data do not match the document
>> author.
>>
>> Regards
>
> Hi Ricardo
>
> That is a very good point IMO. I think it's fair to look at that as the
> loss of an, optional, feature - this step of entering user information.
>
> I'm tempted to ask you to use the issue tracker, entering the
> description and marking the issue as Request for Enhancement.
>
> Not that we should have the on-line registration, but rather to add a
> (strong?) prompt during installation, with the intent to have the user
> enter that information.
>
> What do you think?
>
> //drew

Instead of asking for this on install time, I think we need to define
a "first run wizard" or something like that. It could be a simple
document that opens on first run with a "thanks for using this
program" message and a couple of buttons to perform some basic
customizations, like adding the user info. I'm too short of sleep
today to build a good feature request, but I'll try to think on
something during the weekend. Ideas are welcomed ;)

Regards
Ricardo