Hi,

I am runnign Fedora 17. On it I installed Apache OO 3.4 RC1.
I do not have LibreOffice installed on my system.

However, launching the system updater notifies me that there is an
update available for URE-Runtime (a component of LibreOffice) and
proceeds to install such update.

Needless to say, this installs over Apache OO 3.4 ure-runtime.
If an update from the Fedora repos breaks Apache OpenOffice 3.4 who's to
blame?.

I asked this on the Fedora mailing list and Caolán McNamara
caol...@redhat.com replied:

------
Both Fedora openoffice.org and the original upstream openoffice.org
ended up with a package called openoffice.org-ure. From various twists
and turns the Fedora -ure ended up with a 1 Epoch so all fedora -ure
packages are a higher n-v-r that the OOo one. Apache OOo has now
presumably got the same package names as well.

Fedora libreoffice has an upgrade path to update the Fedora
openoffice.org so it would attempt to upgrade anything called
openoffice.org-ure if installed.

Can block the libreoffice-ure in your yum.conf
------

I think this needs to be adressed by either LibreOffice or Apache OO so
that neither package steps over the ure-runtime of the other.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks.
FC
act