Hi

On 2012-05-15, at 17:37 , Kay Schenk wrote:

> Hi all--
>
> I was just taking a look at the porting project site:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/porting/
>
> could someone who is familiar with this project, and hopefully currently
> involved with it, fill us in on what the affiliation of the porters listed
> --
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/porting/porting_overview.html
>
> were to the OpenOffice.org project? Were they committers, etc?
>
> And, if you could provide some idea of the usage numbers for each, if they
> were kept somewhere,  that would be great.
> Thanks.

I think I can probably answer most of the questions, as we did track those
data, but not sure: much of what was there is a) gone, b) old, really old.

That said, regarding the committers: See,
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/DomainDeveloper

"Domain Developer," as you know, meant that one had access as a committer
globally.

As to general ports, from memory:

1. Windows. > 95%
And then Mac OS X
And then, in the single digits, the rest.
(Linux distros., of course, included OOo and its variants.)

The old spreadsheets from the first few years are probably not quite
accurate--they never were--but suggestive of the breakdown then of "everything
else". However, now, things are quite a lot different, and past data ought not
to prescribe present, let alone future behaviour.

Louis