Hello All,

Thanks for the input. Here is what I'm hearing...

- project acknowledges that design matters, this is great
- interest in UX-related activities and supporting discussion is high
- UX community, is just restarting, and is still growing it's numbers
- development would prefer to have visibility into the design conversation
- design and development need to work together
- if a ux mailing list were created, it should only be a tool as part of a
broader UX community development strategy
- ux planning is different that a design conversation

Some good thoughts here. Thanks for sharing.

Based on this feedback here are some thoughts and proposal to move forward,

- to keep design and development working closely on the enhancement of our
current offering, and to work together on the design direction of future
release let's continue to use ooo-dev for user experience discussions
- given our limited UX resources, this is less effort, and requires less
co-ordination, admin and maintenance
- we will continue to tag subject lines
- we can shrink our current tag from [USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN] to [UX]
- we can also add secondary tags to make the subject lines easier for
ooo-dev subscribes to scan and parse
- some examples:
[PROPOSAL][UX]
[UX][PLANNING]
[UX][RESEARCH]
[UX][DESIGN]
[UX][REQUEST FOR DESIGN FEEDBACK]
etc...
 - we will try to make the tags simple, understandable and align with the
information architecture of our UX wiki, so it is obvious where information
comes from and where it needs to go
- we will try to standardize this tags, and publish this information to
allow people to create email rules
- we will iterate on this process and we move forward
- the UX community can identify resources to ensure that all UX related
threads are addressed, like a sub-moderator
- we'd request that the formal ooo-dev moderators keep us honest on this
activity ;)
- I volunteer to assume this responsibility moving forward

 Thoughts? Feedback welcome.

In the interim, I will continue to update the AOO UX wiki, and start to
promote our open activities and seek volunteers.

Regards,
Kevin