Hello All,

This is an important issue. Single click installation is expectation of the
market place that cannot be ignored.

That said, we are not an mobile app, and desktop applications require
additional installation configuration by the end user.

With regards to language pack, I'll leave the back end to the development
folks.

>From a UX perspective, we might consider the following:

- allow the users to single click to install the application using smart
default configuration (install location, default language pack, default
values, etc.)
- progressively disclose secondary installation requirements, such as
language packs

There are two paths we could explore here:

1 - have language selection as part of install
- the user could select the languages they want, and we download and
install in background
- we should not send people to find installation files for a second, manual
install

2 -  prompt for additional languages when the user opens the app for the
first time
- again, download and install in the background

Finally, a user should be able to manage the languages from within the
product itself. Here again, we take care of downloads, unpacking and
installation behind the scenes. Yes, we support many languages and
platforms, this is our choice and we should not burden our end users with
this complexity. I suspect most user just want to install their platform,
select their language pack, and get to work. Let's help them do jsut that.

Some thoughts...

Regards,
Kevin