Am 05/21/2012 11:04 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

On 05/21/2012 01:51 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

On 05/21/2012 12:46 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
Am 05/21/2012 08:53 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
Am 05/21/2012 06:38 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 3:06 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
<arie...@apache.org>wrote:

Hi Marcus,

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 11:46:10PM +0200, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
I'll try to put everything new to the real "/download/index.html"
tomorrow.

The improvements are publish.

Ups, learned you have English from Yoda? Hopefully not. :-P

Of course I meant:

"The improvements are now public."

I'm getting 404 Not Found with the following links from the main site
download page:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/stable/3.4.0/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz/download

This is the link from the green box and ...

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/files/localized/en-US/3.4.0/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz.asc

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/files/localized/en-US/3.4.0/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz.md5

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/files/localized/en-US/3.4.0/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz.sha1

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/files/localized/en-US/3.4.0/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz.sha512

... these are the 4 checksum links in the sub-green box below, right?

en-US is not in localized, AFAIK.

A quick look into the code showed me that "en-US" should point to
"stable/" and the assembled link should be correct.

Please can you tell me the output of this webpage?

http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/analyze.html

I've found a wrong variable usage for the language. Ariel, please can
you test again the staging file?

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/index.html

Thanks

Marcus

Well I'm not Ariel but this link looks good! :)

I'm going to publish it along with a change I have now, OK?

Where are the last 4 links being generated?

I'm on the main download page and I get the first one which is
correct.

All links generated from http://www.openoffice.org/es/descargar/ work
fine. Thanks for your work :)

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Marcus --

Your last change is now out there...and good work.

That's fine. I don't think that it make the download worse than before.

I have just one minor comment now.

I switched to Solaris as my user agent...and I get this comment...

"A release for English(us-EN) is not available. Please choose from the
alternative download webpage for another language."

Then this applies also to all other not-supported platforms like MacOS PPC, iPhone & Co. etc.

Could this wording be made more generic -- so it could be used with both
language AND platform exclusions? I haven't looked in detail at your
changes, so I don't know under what circumstances this will arise.

Should be possible. I'll think about it these next days. The DL logic has to catch the not-supported platforms *and* languages and present an respective text.

Marcus