Rob Weir wrote:
It would be good if we can find a way to distinguish those two
scenarios when we enable the OOo 3.3 upgrades.  For example, a URL
parameter, even if we don't use it in processing

We already have dedicated hostnames embedded in the suite (the one for version 3.3 is update36.services.openoffice.org), so this is surely technically feasible and it will enable multiple levels of statistics (how many hits the update service -"Check for updates"- receives, how many people actually go to the download page and how many of them actually initiate the download). Which are all good to have, indeed.

Regards,
  Andrea.