Furthermore addressing this issue from a legal perspective
misses the point- the org will certainly permit you to
distribute Category-B sources for things that only are useful
when compiled on the target host.  The point is that
you should be distributing dependencies from either the
mirrors using a deps (source) tarball,  or you should fetch them
from their non-apache original locations.  Longstanding
infra policy is that *only* our mirror system is appropriate
for distributing source releases and their dependencies.
Distribution of "tarballs" in support of a release
directly from svn.a.o violates infra policy just
as much as distribution from any other apache.org website
would be.  I'm not sure we've written this down anywhere
but it is certainly well-understood as infra policy for
as long as I have worked here as a contractor.

HTH