On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>wrote:

> On 5 June 2012 21:34, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > * Issues for IPMC or ASF Board Awareness *
> >
> >  - None
>
> What about the possibility of leaks and the damage this might do to
> the community?
>
> You may have omitted it because you feel it is being handled OK and
> that there is nothing really to report at this stage. If that is the
> case then I would say that. The goal here is to give a heads up to the
> IPMC/Board that there is a serious issue and that it is being dealt
> with internally. If it is not resolved to the communities satisfaction
> and escalation is the first the IPMC/Board hear of this that will be
> considered bad form.
>
> You may also have omitted it because you are aware the IPMC and Board
> are already informed.

This was my assumption but I don't know that for sure.

I will be happy to include the leak business.

> This is true, but the board report is an
> opportunity for those who are not satisfied with progress to raise
> further issues and, if they so wish, escalate. I therefore try and
> include all items that cause significant tension. Furthermore, it is
> not uncommon for the board to ask a PMC chair to provide more
> information if something like this is not included in a report (a
> board member will often scan lists during review). They don't want to
> have to do detective work but if it looks like an issue is being
> ignored they will seek clarification.
>
> Note, the board reports are public so be sparing with details.

yes, I know this...

> The
> IPMC/Board has access to the private archives if they want details.
> From my last update to this list I think you could say:
>
> "Possible leaks of information from the ooo-private email list are
> being investigated. Our first objective is to first establish if and
> how leaks occurred. Once full details are available we will be working
> to address the issue directly. No action is currently required from
> the board and an update will be provided, at the latest, in our next
> report."

I will include your wording on this. Thank you.

> >  - We have improved to act more as a self organized project to address
> >    and solve project related topics (eg. budget transfer from SPI, forum
> > moderation).
>
> There is certainly improvement but still the SPI issue is not
> resolved, calling that out explicitly makes me thing the PPMC is
> unaware of activity on this issue. This is falling between the cracks,
> partly because a change in VP fundraising resulted in a further delay
> after the issue seemed to be resolved on the SPI side. However, the
> item was raised at the last board meeting and everything should now be
> cleared up. I have it on my todo list to close this off, but that
> would not be the PPMC being self-managing and nobody here has asked me
> what needs to be done still (if someone could pick this up I'd be
> grateful, just mail fundrais...@apache.org and ask if we are clear to
> have SPI transfer funds).
>
> You probably also want to mention that the PPMC is starting to plan
> for graduation.

Well I did mention that we were in the "discussion" stage on this, but I
can be more explicit.

> Ross
>

> --
> Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
> Programme Leader (Open Development)
> OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

Thanks for your comments, Ross. Much appreciated.

MzK

"Everything will be all right in the end...
      if it's not all right then it's not the end. "
             -- Sonny, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"