Am 09.06.2012 00:50, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Andreas Säger wrote:
On the user forums there is a lot of confusion about the right Java
version for Windows x64. The right JRE for that particular platform has
32 bit and version number 1.6.x. This manual download is hard to find on
the Oracle page.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre-6u32-downloads-1594646.html

Which one should we recommend from the list exactly (for Windows
64-bit)? jre-6u32-windows-i586.exe?

If so, we can put a note in the download page, especially because
version 3.4 is the first one that does not have a "bundled with Java"
installer.

Regards,
Andrea.

Yes, it has to be jre-6u32-windows-i586.exe for Windows x86.

Theoretically, AOO should run on Linux-64 with any Java version, 32 or 64 bit, Java6 or Java7. But I have no such system at hand.

I don't know anything about Mac OS.